DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES
Any transcription company you apply to will have different requirements for what you need to work with them. These are some things you should consider:
1. Internet: (High-speed Broadband, DSL, Cable) there are a few companies that will hire you with only dialup, but keep in mind this will slow down your progress when downloading big audio files.
2. Firefox/Internet Explorer: (seems to be most compatible for all the companies I found).
3. Foot Pedal: (not required by all companies, but perhaps a good investment. more control, more speed=more money).
4. Headset: (required by some, not all).
5. Software: Programs used that enable you to slow down and/or repeat segments of audio. A definite must have. People come with many tones and accents; it's not as easy as you might think.
Transcription Companies are Known To Hire Home Workers:
Always respect the requests and requirements of each company you apply to. A lot of these companies you will find, require at least 2 years experience in transcription. However, there are a few companies who will hire someone with little to no experience at all.
Be sure to check back!
[NOTE: The article "Transcription Basics" first appeared on the Transcription, Online Presence, Articles, eBooks, and What Not... blog.]
[Follow: Devesh Prabhu is an avid blogger and blogs on many topics. He has been associated with the blogosphere for the past 8/9 years. You can follow Devesh Prabhu on social media through the buttons provided on the blog.]
[DISCLAIMER: All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions of use are subject to change at anytime and without notice.]